Monday, December 27, 2010

Journaling from Bhutan 2

December 14th
Last day in Chiang Mai...

Pui had been a great host to me. I met her on a day before the last day of CBD COP10 through my friend Nancy. I still can't believe she offered me to stay at her place at first time I saw her. She did say her friends were surprised at that but she also said she and her husband always welcome anybody who wish to visit Chiang Mai. I'm so glad that I met her. She is definitely my Thail mama and I got her permission!





After I left her place I went to a market she told me. I had pretty good fried rice there which was only 25 baht. I stopped by this christmasy store (which was pretty rare there) and met this little boy "Yamato". He is half Thai half Japanese, his grandpa explained to me with his broken English. I don't know if Yamato understood Japanese but I played with him for a while talking to him in Japanese. He's cute. Staying there for a while made me feel bad leaving there without buying anything at the store but of course I didn't wanna buy any ornaments for Christmas tree...I ended up buying this red Santa hat with some lights on it....haha what an unnecessary expenditure and good job Yamato!
I took a night train to Bankok leaving at 4:30pm(830 Baht). It was much more comfortable than on the way to Chiang Mai because I had this little room with clean sheets, completely private with a window view. Plus because of this blue curtain it wasn't that cold! I could sleep much longer...if I ever take train in Thailand I'd definitely take second class night train!

What I learned:
- I think I didn't have to buy anything at the Christmas goods store...when am I gonna use this hat anyway?

What made me happy:
- Pui's kindness, hospitality, and warmth.


December 15th
I got to Bangkok 7 in the morning. Hot and humid especially with this heavy backpack...
I bargained with this tuk tuk guy to go to Khaosan and made it 80 baht. I didn't really care cuz I just wanted to put my backpack down and sitttt.
It was pretty thrilling having not knowing where I'm gonna stay on that day but it was exciting as well. On the way a weird Thai guy talked to me saying he's from TAT (official Thai tourist office something I think...) and I can stay this place for free! No way, too obvious.


THE Khao San Road, where backpackers come from all over the world and you see more Caucasians than Thai people (seriously).Walking around Khaosan was pretty fun. Good thing I had guidebook of Thailand. I wouldn't be able to walk around properly without it. Then finally I found this guest house runned by Japnese(maybe) and met many backpackers from Japan. They are like experts for me so I asked them so many questions, so many stories, so many things they have done so far. They were saying that Japanese you meet here are the one you will never meet in Japan...I totally agree.
At a travel agancy on Khaosan I signed up for a tour to go to Angkor Wat! wat wat wat! woo!

What I learned:
- There are actually many Japanese backpackers and listening to their stories is so much fun. Wish I could meet them again somewhere beside Japan!

What made me happy:
- Finally coming to Khao San made me realized that I'm backpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment