Thursday, December 23, 2010

Journaling from Bhutan

December 12 
Pui took me to Nimman Haemin, like Harajuku in Chian Mai.
This is a Burmese food cart. It's cheaper to eat out here.
Guess how much is this...
25 baht (70 yen) and it was pretty good!
After I left there I went up to the mountain to visit Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, means holy temple on mountain. So many tourists and Thai who came to pray (I managed to cut off all of them in this picture).
 To be honest, I was kind of tired of temples so I didn't really stay there that long plus I really wanted to go get massages <3 Too bad it was getting massaged so there's no picture of my first Thai massage experience :( but to be honest again it was painful especially shoulders.
I met up with Pui again to go to a famous night market in the old town in Chiang Mai. It's now mostly for tourists and super crowded there but it's worth going. It's a good place to practice bargaining as well!
As you can see, SO many Caucasians in Thailand...some are for vacation, some for work, some are here to have fun with Thai girls...
They even have a booth at the night market!!!!
I know I don't have to say, but caucasians I saw here are mostly fat, old, and pretty ugly. I guess they are here cuz they realize that.
OMG the funniest purse ever! I wonder where they got these sentences...
Japanese stuff is pretty popular here so I guess if you put some Japanese people consider is "cool".

What I learned:
- Even young people here are pretty religious. They come to Wats to pray.
- Fat, old, ugly white guys are everywhere. No offense but looking at them with young Thai girls holding hands are pretty gross for me.

What made me happy:
- Although it was painful, I could get Thai massage for the first time!


December 13
 No need to say anything. JUST LOVED IT.



After this happiest moment (yes I was allowed to ped them only 10 min...) I went to a big shopping mall. then I found these!

They were pretty busy. Price was a little cheaper than Japan I think.




Pui's friend invited me for dinner and I had this authentic Northern Thai food. She knew I couldn't eat spicy food so she told me what I should eat, what I shouldn't.

What I learned:
- Wealth gap ( I don't know how to call it) is pretty big in Thailand. means price changes a lot depends on where you buy stuff.

What made me happy:
- The baby tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment